The next generation of DivX technology.
Sync data directly between computers using P2P technology.
Powerful cross-platform free FTP client, with support for WebDAV and Amazon S3.
Vulnerability intelligence platform.
Search the Internet for torrent files, and download and upload files.
Track and recover your lost or stolen laptop with this free tool.
May 2, 2014
All windows platforms
(0 votes) Vote
The program hides in the background, taking the absolute minimum of resources. If your system ever goes astray, you simply log on to the Prey site and mark it as "missing". And then, if the system is able to go online, the Prey agent will detect your alert and begin sending regular reports.
These may be able to tell you the location of your laptop, for instance. If your system has a webcam then Prey will try to take a shot of the thief. You'll also see details like the name of the currently logged-in user (perhaps helpful if your system is shared by others), and a screenshot of the desktop will reveal what they're doing right now.
And that's just the start: if you want to take action, Prey can also help you fight back. There's an option to send a message to the system, asking for its safe return. You might choose to secure it, hiding emails, deleting stored passwords and so on. And there's also a Lock option which prevents anyone from using the notebook at all until a password has been entered.
The free Prey service works well, then, and you're able to protect up to 3 devices with the same account (the program works on desktops as well as mobile devices).
- Prey uses either the device's GPS or the nearest WiFi hotspots to triangulate and grab a fix on its location. It's shockingly accurate.
- Take a picture of the thief with your laptop's webcam so you know what he looks like and where he's hiding. Powerful evidence.
- Fully lock down your PC, making it unusable unless a specific password is entered. The guy won't be able to do a thing!
- If enabled, Prey will attempt to hook onto to the nearest open WiFi hotspot when no Internet connection is found.
- Grab a screenshot of the active session -- if you're lucky you may catch the guy logged into his email or Facebook account!
- Get a complete list of your PC's CPU, motherboard, RAM, and BIOS information. Works great when used with Active Mode.
- Prey has very few dependencies and doesn't even leave a memory footprint until activated. We care as much as you do.
- Hide your Outlook or Thunderbird data and optionally remove your stored passwords, so no one will be able to look into your stuff.
- Prey can check its current version and automagically fetch and update itself, so you don't need to manually reinstall each time.
Any form of support or software problems will be addressd directly to its developers, Fork. Please be aware that we do NOT provide Prey cracks, serial numbers, registration codes or any forms of pirated software downloads.Download now